Mr. Hendricks is the Managing Partner for Lydecker LLP. He practices out of the firm’s Miami and Boca Raton offices where he maintains an active trial and civil litigation practice in the Federal, State, and Appellate Courts throughout the State of Florida. Mr. Hendricks’ areas of practice include general civil litigation and trial practice, commercial litigation, professional liability/malpractice defense, insurance/tort liability defense, and labor and employment. He also serves as lead trial counsel for the firm’s clients and carriers and oversees the firm’s trial teams. He has over 25 years of experience representing clients and has successfully defended clients against multi-million dollar cases as lead trial counsel. He is often called upon to assist clients and carriers on high exposure and large loss claims in his capacity as monitoring counsel or co-counsel.
Awards and Recognitions
Mr. Hendricks graduated from the University of Miami where he earned a B. A. Degree in 1985 in English and psychology and a Juris Doctorate degree in 1988, where he graduated with honors. As an undergraduate, Mr. Hendricks was actively involved and assumed numerous leadership positions in various civil and community organizations. He served as Chairman of the Students Rights Agency, Chairman of the Student Legal Services, Vice President of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, Co-Founder of the College Republicans, member of the Young Republicans of Dade County, of the White House, Advance Team and has held various positions in numerous local and national charitable organizations.
In law school, Mr. Hendricks was the winner of the University of Miami Law School’s Mock Trial Competition and member of the National Trial Competition Team. He also served as a member of the Inter-American Law Review, member of the Society of Bar & Gavel, Society of Wig and Robe, and was inducted into the school’s Moot Court Board.
Employment and Occupational Experience
Mr. Hendricks began his legal career as a law clerk at the Hayden and Milliken law firm in Coral Gables, Florida where he assisted the firm’s partners on cases involving Admiralty and maritime defense, Jones Act, commercial maritime litigation and subrogation matters. Thereafter, Mr. Hendricks accepted a summer clerkship for Stearns, Weaver, Miller, Alhadeff & Sitterson working in its downtown Miami office. In his last year of law school, he completed his clerkship training working for the Podhurst, Orseck law firm also in Miami.
Upon graduation, Mr. Hendricks began practicing as an associate Greenberg, Traurig, in the environmental litigation and land
use department. Looking to further his litigation experience he accepted a position as a practiced commercial litigation associate
with Kimbrell & Hamann.
In 1990, Mr. Hendricks relocated to Palm Beach County where he spent several years practicing insurance defense and commercial litigation at Walton Lantoff. He subsequently joined the firm of Carman, Beauchamp and Sang as a senior associate and trial attorney.
From 1999 thru 2007, Mr. Hendricks was employed as a partner at Panza, Maurer, Maynard & Noel where he served as a senior
litigation partner and lead trial attorney for many of the firm’s corporate, institutional and governmental clients.
Mr. Hendricks joined the Lydecker in 2007 as a senior litigation partner and lead trial attorney. He is currently a shareholder
in the law firm and is actively engaged in the administration and management of the firm’s litigation practice. With close to two decades of litigation experience, Mr. Hendricks continues to provide a high level of service and professional expertise to his clients in the course of his practice.
Mr. Hendricks representative clients include private and public educational institutions, public and private corporations, municipal governments, state agencies and political subdivisions, insurance companies and self-insured entities. Mr. Hendricks’ trial experience includes Federal, state and appellate proceedings including public procurements and bid protests.
Bar Admissions and Professional Memberships
- Mr. Hendricks is admitted to practice in all Courts in the State of Florida including:
- Member of the Florida Bar Association
- Member of the Broward County Bar Association
- Member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Areas of Expertise
Recent Trial Results Achieved
- McGarry v. Derwood Lamonte Jones, a case tried in 2013 in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida where the Judge reduced the verdict against the defendant in a case involving a commercial trucking accident involving a cyclist who collided with a truck and was rendered a quadriplegic. The jury returned a verdict finding that Plaintiff was 85% at fault and the Defendant was 15% at fault. The total verdict for the Plaintiff was $750,000.
- Montero v. Palm Express Inc., a case tried in 2012 in the 11th Judicial Circuit in Miami-Dade County, that involved a commercial trucking accident in which Plaintiff’s hand and foot were run over by the tractor trailer resulting in a permanent crush and degloving injuries. The jury found Plaintiff 80% negligent and Defendant 20% negligent. The final judgment was reduced to $42,894.
- Estate of Jessica Harris v. Roxy’s Pub, a wrongful death case tried in 2012 in the 15th Judicial Circuit of Palm Beach County involving a fall off a roof-top balcony. Plaintiff sought $2.5 million and the court granted a directed verdict for the defense.
- Sessa v. Bieger International Gymnastics a 17th Judicial Circuit, Broward County case that involved a traumatic brain injury sustained by a minor child while attempting to perform a gymnastic maneuver. Plaintiff sought $2.2 million and the jury awarded $365,000. The trial was filmed and aired on Court TV.