Ashley Sefchok is an associate with the firm’s Miami office. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Sefchok worked as an Assistant State Attorney for the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of Florida where she prosecuted thousands of felony and misdemeanor cases and tried over 20 jury trials to verdict.
Ms. Sefchok graduated cum laude from Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad College of Law. During law school, Ms. Sefchok received Dean’s List Honors and was an active member of the Nova Moot Court Society, NSU Trial Association and ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law. In addition to her academic accomplishments during law school, Ms. Sefchok served as a judicial intern in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit to the Honorable Michael I. Rothschild. Ms. Sefchok also served as a Certified Legal Intern at the Office of the State Attorney in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit. While attending law school, Ms. Sefchok worked as a law clerk, at a plaintiff’s personal injury firm, where she gained practical experience in a variety of personal injury practice areas, including catastrophic injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, nursing home abuse and truck accidents.
JD, Nova Southeastern University, cum laude, 2018
• Dean’s List
• Moot Court Society
• NSU Trial Association
• ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law
• Certified Legal Intern, Criminal Justice Clinic
BA, Duquesne University, cum laude, 2012
• Double Majored: Advertising/Public Relations and Broadcast Journalism
• Kappa Tau Alpha National Honor Society
• Top Scholar Award, Highest Class Ranking in Journalism and Mass Communication
• C.S. McCarthy Scholarship, Outstanding Academic Achievement in Journalism